motorsport travel insurance
Working in association with Jackson Lee Underwriting
Please note that this policy is administered directly by Jackson Lee Underwriting (JLU) so you will be redirected to their hosted website when obtaining a quotation. For any Sport Travel + enquiries, you can contact the JLU service team directly on 0330 111 3093 or by Email
Introducing Sports Travel +
The Sports Travel + policy can include cover for selected motorsport activities, such as:
- 4 Wheel Car Track Days (Run under accredited National Sporting Authorities' Regulations).
- Go Karting (on licensed circuits).
- Motorsport Mechanics.
Please read before you obtain a quote through the Sports Travel + Policy
To be covered for listed Motorsport activities it is important to select the desired 'Category Level' when obtaining a quote under the Sports Travel+ Product.
There are 3 categories to choose from at quotation stage, but to assist you, these are the motorsport related activities that will be covered:
- Category 1 - Motorsport Mechanic
- Category 2 – 4 Wheel Car Track days (run under accredited National Sporting Authorities’ regulations)
- Category 3 – Go Karting (on licensed circuits)
*Please note that Motorsport Mechanics and Go Karting activities will exclude the Personal Accident and Personal Liability policy benefits.
- Emergency Medical and Repatriation Expenses incl 24/7 Assistance – up to £10 million
- Cancellation – up to £5,000
- Curtailment and Loss of Holiday – up to £5,000
- Personal Accident – up to £25,000*
- Personal Possessions – up to £2,000
- Personal Money – up to £500
- Passport and Other Documents – up to £500
- Baggage Delay – up to £400
- Missed Departure – up to £1,000
- Travel Delay – up to £400
- Personal Liability – up to £2 million*
- Legal Costs and Expenses – up to £25,000
- Financial Failure – up to £5,000
- Hijack - up to £1,000
- COVID-19 cover - up to limits shown under the Cancellation, Curtailment and Loss of Holiday and Emergency Medical Expenses sections above
- Sports Activities Extension (Please ensure that the correct Category is selected for your chosen Motorsport activity)
- Sports Equipment Extension
- Winter Sports
- Pet Care
- Wedding and Civil Partnership
- Rental Vehicle Excess Waiver
- Business Travel
- Enhanced COVID-19 cover
- Some sections of the policy may be subject to an excess. This is the amount you pay when you make a claim. This applies to each incident for each insured person.
- Pre-existing medical conditions unless agreed.
- Travelling against medical advice or with the intention of obtaining medical treatment abroad.
- The policy includes restrictions regarding the health of close relatives and friends upon whom your trip may depend, even if they are not being insured by this policy.
- Certain hazardous sports and activities may not be covered under this policy – see policy wording for further details.
- Personal possessions – “new for old” cover only if item less than 1 years old.
- You drinking too much alcohol, or any form of alcohol abuse, where it is reasonably foreseeable that such consumption could result in a serious impairment of your faculties and/or judgement.
- Circumstances you were aware of before your policy was issued or journey was booked (whichever is the later) that might result in a claim.
- Medical treatment which can wait until you return home.
- Private medical treatment unless agreed by us.
- Any claim for personal possessions where you have not taken steps to prevent loss.
- Claims arising from any epidemic or pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation.
- If the insured is not fully vaccinated when eligible for a vaccine, any claims arising from or related to any coronavirus including but not limited to COVID-19 or any related/mutated from of the virus.
COVID-19 cover included as standard
- Cancellation if the insured, member of the household, travelling companion or friend they are staying with are diagnosed with Covid-19 within 14 days prior to departure date.
- Curtailment due to death of a close relative.
- Medical Expenses including additional accommodation costs (room only) and repatriation back to the UK.
Referrals and quotations that fall outside the above criteria
If you are involved in activities that fall outside the standard acceptance criteria you should email email@example.com with the following information:
- Full name.
- Activities you require cover for.
- Experience you have in relation to the activities you require cover for.
- Type of policy you require (annual/single trip).
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions? (If yes – please provide further detail).
You may also need to refer to us if :
- You exceed the upper age limit of 65.
Reasons to use Jackson Lee Underwriting
- Specialists in Travel Insurance.
- Appointed by BIBA (British Insurance Brokers Association) as their approved scheme provider for Holiday and Sports Travel Insurance.
Pre-existing medical conditions
If you require Travel Insurance and you or any person covered under the same policy has a Pre-existing medical condition, it is possible you may fall into one of the following categories:
- You have been refused travel insurance because of a medical condition.
- An existing policy has been cancelled or amended because of a medical condition.
- You have been offered insurance, but your medical condition has been excluded.
- You have been offered insurance with a high additional premium because of your medical condition.
Please contact Jackson Lee Underwriting in the first instance to discuss your requirements. If in any event we are unable to assist you may wish to consider specialist Travel Insurance firms that may be able to assist you.
Please follow the link to the Money Advice Service Travel Insurance Directory. Travel Insurance Directory Link. Travel Adviser Directory | Find a regulated travel insurance firm (moneyadviceservice.org.uk)
About this directory: They can't provide quotes - but they can direct you to specialist firms that can. All firms are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and have been through a rigorous selection process to prove their specialism. The link provided is an external link to a publicly available directory that only lists firms that provide, or arrange, travel insurance policies that cover more serious medical conditions.
Important information when obtaining a quote
To be covered for listed Motorsport activities it is important to select the ‘Sports Extension’ and appropriate category when obtaining a quote under the Sports Travel + Product.
GET A QUOTE
This Travel Insurance product is facilitated by a third party website. Quotations offered by an external website are on a non-advised basis and their terms and conditions of sale should be checked and agreed to before proceeding to purchase cover and to ensure the product meets your needs.NOTE: When you select 'GET A QUOTE' you will be redirected to another website.