commercial and motor trade

Commercial motorsport insurance is a highly specialist area, and as such our product reflects our understanding and expertise in this field. Our cover caters for teams whose business consists of running and preparing competition vehicles as well as provision of on event support. We are also able to cater for motorsport preparation companies and manufacturers of motorsport products or accessories.

We understand that motorsport is seasonal, so cover for working on standard road vehicles can be accommodated on a motorsport policy.

What does it cover?

  • Material damage.
  • Your own or customer vehicles.
  • Commercial plant and equipment.
  • Portable hand tools, tool boxes and flight cases.
  • Vehicle spares.
  • New or used parts stock.
  • Wheels/tyres.

Cover for the above whilst at the permanent business premises, in transit, or whilst at a motorsport venue is also available.


  • Employer’s Liability – including cover for occasional service crews on events and labour only sub-contractors.
  • Public and Products Liability – including on event support, event stands, hospitality units and servicing indemnity and vehicle testing.

Road Risks

This includes cover for road use for road going vehicles, as well as cover to drive road going vehicles in your custody and control for business purposes.

There is also no age limit for employees required to drive vehicles for company business, as well as a social, domestic and pleasure use extension for vehicles insured.

Additional covers

  • Business interruption.
  • Money and personal assault.
  • Engineering inspection – required by law on plant items that lift or are under pressure e.g. air receivers.
  • Rent and tenants improvements.
  • Commercial legal expenses.
  • Cover for imports and exports of products.