england hockey insurance zone
INSURANCE FOR ENGLAND HOCKEY CLUBS
Part of Membership + (formerly club affiliation)
Who is covered?
The policy will cover:
- Sub Areas (Counties).
- England Hockey member clubs and their committee members.
- Club employees, helpers and volunteers.
- Club Members.
- ‘Come and try’ participants.
What is covered?
- Club activities, including training for and the playing of hockey, hockey festivals, tournaments as well as social, fund- raising and administrative activities, subject to appropriate risk assessments.
- A club member who causes injury, damage or financial loss to a fellow member.
- A club who borrows, rents or leases a premises for sporting or social purposes and is held liable for damage to the facility.
What insurance do you get as part of your Membership?
As part of the England Hockey Membership + you automatically receive the benefit of the Combined Liability insurance and for players, members, helpers, volunteers, and employees. You also receive Personal Accident benefits. To understand what this covers, and to see the main terms and conditions that apply, please make sure you refer to the Evidence of Cover, policy summary and policy wordings which can be found in the downloads section below.
The annual policies run from 1st September 2021 – 31st August 2022 (both days inclusive)
The policies' limits are as follows:
- Public Liability – £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses and limited in the aggregate in respect of the Products Extension.
- Professional Indemnity - £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses and limited in the aggregate.
- Directors and Officers – £5,000,000 any one claim.
- Employers Liability – £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses.
- Abuse cover - £2,500,000 each and every claim.
- Equipment cover - £2,000.
- Personal Accident - Benefits detailed below.
Public Liability £10,000,000
Public liability insurance provides protection against legal liability for bodily injury to third parties and damage to third party property.
Products liability insurance provides protection against legal liability to pay compensation including legal costs for death or bodily injury, or damage to third party property arising from products supplied.
Professional Indemnity £10,000,000
Cover to protect an England Hockey member club for claims made against them which allege that a third party has suffered an injury or financial loss caused by negligent acts, errors or omissions during hockey activities.
Employers Liability £10,000,000
Protection against legal liability in respect of claims made for injuries to any volunteer or employee of the member club or area/regional committee.
Directors and Officers £5,000,000
Protection for committee members and club officers against claims arising from their decision or actions whilst managing the organisation.
Personal Accident cover provides a set financial payment in the event of an accidental injury, as detailed in the schedule of benefits below.
Cover is in place for members of clubs with England Hockey Membership +, whilst playing or practising the sport of Hockey, including travelling to and from any such activity.
The benefits provided are as follows:
- Death or Permanent Total disablement £75,000 (Under 16 years £10,000).
- Loss of limbs/eyes, up to £75,000.
- Broken bones (arms/legs) £300.
- Optical Treatment £1,000.
- Dental Treatment £5,000.
- Physiotherapy up to £1,000.
- Temporary total disablement (per week) £300 per week.
- Concussion £500.
- Scarring/facial disfigurement £750.
- Paraplegia £75,000.
- Quadriplegia £75,000.
- Coma benefit (per day) £100.
- Hospitalisation (per day) £50.
- Reimbursement of membership fees £500.
Please refer to the Personal Accident Schedule and wording in the downloads section for the full list of benefits
GET IN TOUCH
Please do not hesitate to contact our specialist England Hockey insurance team and we will be happy to help. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (we are closed on bank holidays).