england hockey insurance zone
INSURANCE FOR ASSOCIATIONS, COUNTIES AND AREAS
Part of Membership + (formerly affiliation)
Who is covered?
- Member Areas.
- Member Sub Areas (Counties).
What is covered?
- Area or Sub Area association activities, including the talent system, training for and the playing of hockey, as well as social, fund raising and administrative activities, all subject to appropriate risk assessments.
- A player involved in or representing a county representative side, junior academy centre, junior development centre or junior regional performance centre who causes injury
- An association which borrows, rents or leases a premises for sporting or social purposes and is held liable for damage to the facility.
What insurance do you get as part of your membership?
As part of your Membership + to England Hockey you automatically receive the benefit of the Combined Liability insurance and you also receive Personal Accident benefits. To understand what this covers, and to see the main terms and conditions that apply, please make sure you refer to the Evidence of Cover, policy summary and policy wordings which can be found in the downloads section below.
The annual policies run from 01st September 2021 – 31st August 2022 (both days inclusive)
The policies' limits are as follows:
- Public Liability – £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses and limited in the aggregate in respect of the Products Extension.
- Professional Indemnity - £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one. Occurrence including costs and expenses and limited in the aggregate.
- Directors and Officers – £5,000,000 any one claim.
- Employers Liability – £10,000,000 any one claim or series of claims arising from one Occurrence including costs and expenses.
- Abuse cover - £2,500,000 each and every claim.
- Personal accident - Benefits detailed below.
- Equipment cover - £2,000.
Public Liability £10,000,000
Public liability insurance provides protection against legal liability for bodily injury to third parties and damage to third party property.
Products liability insurance provides protection against legal liability to pay compensation including legal costs for death or bodily injury, or damage to third party property arising from products supplied.
Professional Indemnity £10,000,000
Cover for claims made against a member area or county association, which allege that a third party has suffered an injury or financial loss caused by negligent acts, errors or omissions during hockey activities.
Employers Liability £10,000,000
Protection against legal liability in respect of claims made for injuries to any volunteer or employee of the area/regional committee.
Directors and Officers Liability £5,000,000
Protection for committee members and officers against claims arising from their decision or actions whilst managing the organisation.
Personal Accident cover provides a set financial payment in the event of an accidental injury, as detailed in the schedule of benefits below.
Cover is in place for England Hockey members, whilst playing, practising or coaching the sport of Hockey, including travelling to and from any such activity.
The benefits provided are as follows:
- Death or Permanent Total disablement £75,000 (Under 16 years £10,000).
- Loss of limbs/eyes, up to £75,000.
- Broken bones (arms/legs) £300.
- Optical Treatment £1,000.
- Dental Treatment £5,000.
- Physiotherapy up to £1,000.
- Temporary total disablement (per week) £300 per week.
- Concussion £500.
- Scarring/facial disfigurement £750.
- Paraplegia £75,000.
- Quadriplegia £75,000.
- Coma benefit (per day) £100.
- Hospitalisation (per day) £50.
- Reimbursement of membership fees £500.
Please refer to the Personal Accident Schedule and wording in the downloads section for the full list of benefits
GET IN TOUCH
Please do not hesitate to contact our specialist England Hockey insurance team and we will be happy to help. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm (we are closed on bank holidays).