british dragon boat racing association insurance
Bluefin Sport are the appointed insurance broker for the British Dragon Boat Racing Association (BDA)
Clubs, coaches, members and volunteers, are covered by the bespoke insurance programme as part of their affiliation/membership with the BDA providing:
- Liability insurance - view the Evidence of Cover .
- Personal accident insurance.
The Liability insurance you receive protects you if you are held responsible and are negligent for causing injury to a third party or have caused damage to a third party’s property. Cover applies during official, recognised and approved training, competitions and related events of the BDA.
With effect from 1 January 2020 the Insurance policy is placed with AXA XL
Policy Number: 1881100/0
Cover provided includes:
- Public Liability £10 million limit – Accidental bodily injury to third parties and/or damage to third party property arising out of the insured activities.
- Employers Liability £10 million limit – Protection for damages and legal costs arising out of death or bodily injury caused to employees or volunteers in the course of their engagement with the club.
- Professional Indemnity £10 million limit – cover for negligent acts, errors or omissions in respect of a professional opinion, including injury following tuition, advice, coaching or instruction, against claims made during the period of insurance.
- Directors & Officers (Management Liability) £10 million limit – Protects an individual’s personal liability arising from actions in their capacity as a director, officer or trustee, against claims made during the period of insurance for a wrongful act.
- Abuse £2.5 million limit – Protection for damages awarded against the club committee for physical or mental abuse allegations, made during the period of insurance.
Please note a Third Party Property Damage Excess of £500 applies.
The BDA has arranged personal accident cover which includes the following benefits:
- Accidental death £10,000
- Permanent total disablement £50,000
- Temporary total disablement £50 per week, max 52 weeks, 7 days excess period
- Temporary partial disablement £25 per week, max 52 weeks, 7 days excess period
- Broken arm / leg £100 / £250
- Medical expenses £1,500
- Coma £50 per day max 365 days
- Hospitalisation £50 per day max 365 days
- Dental expenses Up to £500, £50 excess
About Bluefin Sport
Bluefin Sport is a specialist division of Marsh Ltd with dedicated teams across the UK offering insurance broking and risk management advice to the world of sport.
Our clients' activities extend across the world of sport from the largest professional organisations in the UK, including some of the best known names, right through to grassroots level.
If you have any queries about the insurance arranged for the British Dragon Boat Racing Association or require additional insurance, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Need to make a claim?
It is important that all incidents that may give rise to a claim, however minor, are reported to Bluefin Sport as soon as possible after the event.
Property and contents insurance
Every sports club has specific needs, which means that a standard insurance policy may not fit everyone. Our myClubinsurance policy can be built around your particular requirements so whether you need cover for your prized trophies or require buildings cover for your clubhouse, we have a policy to suit.
Group tour and travel insurance
Jetting off for a summer tour or going by coach to take part in a festival or tournament - whichever mode of transport you would be advised to arrange some travel insurance protection. This will provide cover for cancellation, repatriation, luggage, sports equipment etc.