British Triathlon Insurance Zone
With effect from 1st April 2021 Bluefin Sport are the appointed insurance broker to British Triathlon. This Insurance Zone sets out details of the insurance provided as part of your membership, how to report an incident and some frequently asked questions.
Who is covered?
This cover applies only to activities authorised or recognised by British Triathlon
The policy covers:
- The British Triathlon Federation Ltd t/a British Triathlon, Triathlon England and including Welsh Triathlon Ltd and Scottish Triathlon Association Ltd.
- Regional committees.
- Affiliated clubs.
- Core Coach members & Ultimate Coach members.
- Essential members, Core members & Ultimate members.
- Day members.
What insurance do you get as part of your membership?
- Public Liability - cover for your legal liability of up to £15,000,000.
- Professional Indemnity - cover for the club's or coaches legal liability of up to £10,000,000.
- Directors & Officers – cover for club committee members of up to £5,000,000.
- Employers Liability – cover for clubs in respect of claims for injuries made by employees or volunteers, up to £10,000,000.
Core members and coaches, Ultimate members and coaches, and officials also benefit from Personal Accident cover. This is a ‘no fault’ benefit that provides a specified amount to a member, if they are injured whilst participating in recognised British Triathlon activities. Again, depending on your membership type, will determine the level of cover available to you.